The White Family

The White Family

Monday, May 11, 2009

Two Weeks and Counting....

Jason has been gone now for two weeks!!! He will not be home until NEXT Friday (5-22). Seriously, this is insane.

Thanks to my Dad, I did manage to have a very nice Mother's Day. He came and spent the weekend with us. I was able to get out by myself for a little while on Sat. and do some shopping. I finally went to Hobby Lobby after an entire year! I think I was there for over an hour looking at every square inch of the place! We went out to dinner that night. Sunday we went to church, had lunch with my cousins, and then dinner at Brian and Carter's. Brian and Jason's Dad cooked for us ladies. It was all very nice. Oh, yea..I almost forgot...Jason and the kids got me a cute, pink IPod! It has been on my wishlist for awhile.

This Mother's Day I have a new appreciation of "single" Motherhood. I know that I am truley blessed to not really be a single mother. Eventhough Jason is not here with us right now, he is still taking care of us every hour of every day. Working hard to provide for our needs (and wants). But, some really are single mothers. I can't imagine being the sole provider and care taker of 3 children. It is very stressful at times and I feel like all we do is what has to be done. I have a wonderful loving family to help and support me when Jason is far from home. If it weren't for Jason's parents and Carter...I don't know what I'd do sometimes. Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all the great Moms I know! Here are a few pics from our celebration.....



Today was our Field Day and we are all exhausted! I can't even believe I am blogging right now. We had lots of fun and are now counting down the remaining 6 days of school! We leave for our annual Gatlinburg trip on May 23rd, which is the day after Jason gets back. Sooo, if I can just get through the next two weeks, I'll be home free! Vacation and no more work! Prayers please :-0

1 comment:

jen mowrer said...

Hi I-Eisha! I loved your post and I'm glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. My husband (Matt) has a very heavy travel schedule as well that takes him out Monday thru late Thursday many weeks. I only have ONE child (another on the way) and not THREE like you though. I do always remember that it's hard for me but it's so hard for him as well, I know he wants nothing more than to be here with us. You are so right about them taking care of us every hour of every day! Anywho, thought I would share since your post was talking to me - have a great day!